Since 1976, our country has celebrated Black History Month in February to recognize the contributions of Black Americans to our country’s culture and history. It is an opportunity to honor the legacy, accomplishments, and societal impact of our fellow citizens.
Taproot would like to highlight some of our nonprofit partners who are working in our Black communities to ensure a brighter future for the entire country. We encourage you to support these organizations by donating your time and expertise.
Here are some volunteer opportunities so you can commemorate history while investing in our future:
- The Council for Black Business Enterprises aims to break down barriers, build collaborations, and make connections to capacity-building resources, contract opportunities, and capital. They need support creating marketing campaigns for multiple stakeholders.
- The Black Achievement Fund provides resources to those who are disenfranchised to empower their entrepreneurial talents. They seek a UX developer and website builder.
- Black Girls Dive Foundation keeps “young girls and women afloat” through lessons in marine science, conservation, and SCUBA diving. They want to create and implement a volunteer service program with an HR specialist.
- Black Economic Mobility Coalition promotes, develops, and supports Black businesses in the Upstate of South Carolina. They seek support with their board recruitment process and review the organization’s strategic plan.
- Black Health Commission reframes the narrative on health inequities and systemic racism impacting our Black communities. They seek help developing their programs and services to meet their growing needs.
- Once Upon A Preemie is a committed to neonatal equity for Black preemie families. Can you help design a series of one-pagers?