Thanks to all who joined us during Pro Bono Week (October 24-30), a time to celebrate pro bono service around the world. This week allows us to recognize the dedication of our volunteers who share their skills with nonprofits, along with the nonprofits striving to further their missions by collaborating with these volunteers.
We set an ambitious goal this year to create 100+ pro bono connections, doubling our average weekly impact. We are thrilled to announce that YOU helped us surpass our goal! 126 nonprofits, schools, and small businesses were matched with talented volunteers through our online platform, Taproot Plus. Here are just a handful of successful matches:
- Bright Mind Enrichment received 30 hours of volunteer support to create a mobile app.
- Ubuntu Village in New Orleans asked for constructive criticism of their website, what it was lacking, what it needs now, and what it will need later.
- The Chicago Hope Academy requested a one-hour Session with a volunteer for HR management advice.
- A volunteer donated 60 hours of service to Patrick’s Kids Foundation for SEO and Google Ads Strategy support.
Not only did volunteers connect with small businesses and nonprofits, but many attended our webinars to learn more about the value of pro bono service:
Most social change organizations don’t have access to the resources, funding, or staff expertise to fulfill their vital missions, especially with the continuing challenges from the pandemic. In this webinar, we shared how Taproot’s network of over 85,000 skilled volunteers are available to provide HR, marketing, technology, and strategy support to help nonprofits build capacity. Some topics covered were:
- The types of nonprofit challenges that can be handled pro bono
- Best practices for designing and managing your virtual pro bono project
- Examples of projects or consultation support you can get from skilled volunteers
Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, but many still struggle with the devastating pandemic, supply chain disruptions, and more. This webinar provided concrete steps for small businesses to find the support they need to survive—and thrive. Topics included:
- What exactly is pro bono and what can it mean for your small business?
- What small business needs can be addressed with pro bono consultations?
- Designing your own pro bono consultation request on Taproot Plus
The pandemic and other global crises continue to wreak havoc on social change organizations. Our 2020 Nonprofit Resiliency Survey found that 63% of respondents reported a decrease in funding due to COVID-19. But people like you are stepping up to meet their needs by sharing your skills. This webinar covered:
- Why your skills matter to the social sector, especially now
- Detailed steps on how you can sign up to donate your skills
- Benefits of pro bono volunteerism
We want to continue exceeding our weekly goals of connecting nonprofits with our global network of volunteers to further social good. Let’s celebrate the impact of pro bono every day!
We would like to thank American Express for sponsoring Pro Bono Week 2021.