Pro Bono Week 2021 is here! But what exactly is Pro Bono Week? It is a special time to celebrate the impact of pro bono service globally. The week allows us to recognize the commitment of the volunteers sharing their skills, as well as the social change organizations harnessing that talent to move their missions forward.
Every Pro Bono Week, Taproot challenges ourselves to find new and innovative ways to get nonprofits the support they need, for free. So we’re celebrating a little differently this year. With your help—we’re striving to double our community’s average weekly impact by forging 100+ pro bono connections during the week of October 24-30.
Get involved for Pro Bono Week 2021 and volunteer your skills! Every day during Pro Bono Week, we’ll highlight Projects on Taproot Plus where you can volunteer your skills. Not only will you help us reach our goal of supporting 100 nonprofits through pro bono, but you’ll share your much-needed expertise with a social change organization
Check out these open pro bono Projects and Sessions, so you can support worthy nonprofits now:
- Remix Culture needs a 1-hour Session with a volunteer to talk about accounting considerations for sending and receiving payment internationally. Support this organization in celebrating musical traditions in harmony with digital remix art. Apply here.
- This nonprofit supports mothers who are struggling financially. Mothers Outreach Network is looking for a finance expert to set up a book-keeping system for them to use. Find everything you need on Taproot Plus.
- The mission of Urban Quality Living is to provide wellness services to those without homes. This nonprofit wants to develop effective financial management tools and systems. Give back your skills to a great cause!
- Are you a QuickBooks professional? Books Of Joy is looking for a volunteer to transfer their finance management from Google Sheets to QuickBooks. This group empowers children in underserved communities through education access! Partner with them.
- Calling all CPAs! The Flavor Continues wants to streamline their financial process. This group is Massachusetts’s first community-led nonprofit serving the Street and Club dance communities. Read more details here.