Pro Bono Week 2021 is here! But what exactly is Pro Bono Week? It is a special time to celebrate the impact of pro bono service globally. The week allows us to recognize the commitment of the volunteers sharing their skills, as well as the social change organizations harnessing that talent to move their missions forward.
Every Pro Bono Week, Taproot challenges ourselves to find new and innovative ways to get nonprofits the support they need, for free. So we’re celebrating a little differently this year. With your help—we’re striving to double our community’s average weekly impact by forging 100+ pro bono connections during the week of October 24-30.
Get involved for Pro Bono Week 2021 and volunteer your skills! Every day during Pro Bono Week, we’ll highlight Projects and Sessions on Taproot Plus where you can volunteer your skills. Not only will you help us reach our goal of supporting 100 nonprofits through pro bono, but you’ll share your much-needed expertise with a social change organization.
Check out these open pro bono opportunities, so you can support worthy nonprofits now:
- The Common Pantry is expanding! They’re searching for a skilled volunteer to evaluate new roles that they need during their time of growth. Support their work providing healthy foods to Chicago.
- Take an hour and volunteer your HR knowledge for ArtSparks Foundation. Their mission is to develop the future generation through visual design. They are looking for an expert to give advice on their volunteer recruitment strategy. Give back to this organization.
- Chicago Hope Academy wants advice on how to navigate the hiring process from an HR professional. This high school is dedicated to nurturing and challenging the whole person – body, mind and spirit. Volunteer for a 1-hour consultation call.
- Turn The Bus’s mission is to create equal opportunity through education. They’re searching for an HR expert to have a 1-hour chat with them about creating a code of conduct and an employee handbook. Pro bono details here.
- This nonprofit works to advance the understanding and treatment of children with epilepsy. Wishes For Elliot’s volunteers are switching to paid staff and want to make sure all the right HR policies are in place! Support them in building a foundation.