By Lindsay Firestone Gruber, President & CEO of Taproot Foundation
The resiliency of our communities in 2020 has been nothing short of awe-inspiring. So many of you—our network of pro bono givers and receivers—have worked to move us forward in the face of countless crises. Now is the time for us to come together, bring our collective strengths to the table, and fuel the organizations doing the heavy lifting.
Pro Bono Week (October 25 – 31) is an annual celebration that brings us together across sectors to shine a light on the impact of pro bono. This year, we’re highlighting our collective role in rebuilding our communities through this powerful resource.
The week will be full of opportunities to learn and share what we can do individually and in concert to lift up the social good organizations and small businesses returning vibrancy to our communities. And we’ll dig into how Taproot strives to ensure they have access to high quality pro bono resources they need to become more resilient and sustainable organizations.
We invite you to be a part of the community of pro bono—this week and every week—and look forward to pausing, reflecting, and celebrating with you, then rolling up our sleeves and getting back to work.
Taproot Foundation’s celebration of Pro Bono Week 2020 is sponsored by American Express.
Join us for our Pro Bono Week 2020 webinars:
- A Nonprofit’s Guide to Great Virtual Pro Bono| Tuesday, October 27 | 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Get the communications, HR, tech support, and more, that your nonprofit needs to navigate these challenging times… virtually! Learn how in this webinar.
- Inequities in the Funding Gap| Tuesday, October 27 | 3 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. PT
We’ll explore how strategic pro bono support can be used to counter systemic inequities in philanthropy.
- Use Your Professional Experience to Make a Difference… Virtually!| Wednesday, October 28 | 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Make a difference alongside social causes you’re passionate about from the safety of your own home by volunteering your professional skills virtually. Learn how in this webinar.
- Building Resiliency Through Pro Bono| Thursday, October 29 | 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Join us as we explore how pro bono can be a tool for building your organization’s capacity and resiliency—both in times of crisis and recovery. Supported by American Express
Get inspired by the power of pro bono to rebuild communities:
- Explore the impact of pro bono on our communities with profiles from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, Rumie, and more.
- Follow along on social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn as we celebrate using the hashtag #PBW20.
About Pro Bono Week
Pro Bono Week (#PBW20) is a global campaign that celebrates and activates pro bono service across all professions that use their talents to make a difference. Inspired by the American Bar Association’s National Celebration of Pro Bono, Taproot works with partners around the globe to focus attention on the pro bono movement each year in October.