The theoretical reasons behind centering racial equity in our work and partnerships are well-known. But the act of doing is where things can get messy.
This workshop, presented on November 1 at the Taproot Pro Bono Summit 2022, featured Blue Cross NC, Blue Cross NC Foundation, and pro bono program participants who will share some of their successes, and the steps it took to get there. They also shared a series of questions that could help your organization center your community, navigate the challenges that accompany this work, and intentionally and authentically integrate equity into your partnerships and pro bono programming.
- Soyini T. Abdul-Mateen, Principal Product Developer at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Sophie McMillian, Sr Program Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility, Blue Cross NC
- Marquita Mbonu, Program Officer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation
- Terence Johnson,
- Sivi Ananthasingam, Consultant, Taproot Foundation
- Nora Walls, Associate Consultant, Taproot Foundation