Housing instability is a far-reaching public health crisis in the United States, and in communities across the globe. During the cold months of winter, it takes on an even greater level of urgency as snow, ice, and harsh weather prevent access to vital resources for those experiencing homelessness. It’s critical that we understand the housing issues affecting communities—and how we can each take action to support nonprofits working to provide this service.
Taproot hosted a panel of nonprofit leaders on Wednesday, December 7, 2022, for an open conversation that spotlighted:
- Housing insecurity challenges that people are facing across the country
- Community-driven solutions that nonprofit organizations are implementing
- The support these organizations need from skills-based volunteers
If you’re interested in learning more about housing & homelessness or how your volunteerism can support this important social issue, watch this panel recording! This free discussion highlighted a pressing social issue and creates connections that drive positive change. Share this recording with friends!
- Darly Dumond, Edens’ Shift
- Rachel Manor, SEEDS Outreach Services
- John Mudd, Rob Robinson, and Ted Houghton, Midtown South Community Council