The right to vote is one of our nation’s most sacred freedoms. But it isn’t a right that all United States citizens have equal access to. It’s critical that we understand the voting rights issues affecting communities—and how we can each take action to support nonprofits working to provide this vital freedom.
Taproot hosted a panel of nonprofit leaders on Wednesday, October 12, for an open conversation that spotlights:
- Voting rights challenges that people are facing across the country
- Community-driven solutions that nonprofit organizations are implementing
- The support these organizations need from skills-based volunteers
If you’re interested in learning more about voting rights or how your volunteerism can support this important social issue, this panel is for you! Share this recording with a friend!
- Sheila Durkin and Linda Bytof, League of Women Voters of Alameda
- Dr. Stacey Kurylo, Inform Your Community
- Roberta Brooks, Dr. Bernadine Ahonkhai, and Dr. Patricia Franklin, Coalition for Racial Equity and Social Justice
Download the “Social Issue Spotlight: Voting Rights” transcript
This is a free Taproot Plus event. Taproot Plus is a program of the Taproot Foundation, a US-based nonprofit, that connects nonprofits with experienced business professionals.