Career opportunities around the U.S. are changing, and those with barriers to employment are being left behind. Workforce development nonprofits connect people who need jobs to the services and training they need to find careers and thrive using job training, cross-sector partnerships, and advocacy. It’s critical that we understand the barriers people are facing when accessing jobs that pay a living wage—and how we can each take action to support nonprofits working to provide this service.
Taproot hosted a panel of nonprofit leaders on June 29, 2023, for an open conversation that covered:
- Workforce and job readiness challenges that people are facing across the country
- Community-driven solutions that nonprofits are implementing
- The support these organizations need—right now—from skills-based volunteers
If you’re interested in learning more about workforce development or how your volunteerism can support this important social issue, this panel is for you! This discussion highlights a pressing social issue and creates connections that drive positive change.
- Kaiya Harris Thompson, CEO, Columbus Works
- Jonathan Spooner, Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Stacks+Joules