Change the world. Start here.
Pro Bono Week is a global campaign that celebrates and activates pro bono service across all professions that use their talents to make a difference. Inspired by the American Bar Association’s National Celebration of Pro Bono, Taproot works with partners around the globe to focus attention on the pro bono movement each year in October.
Pro Bono Week allows us to recognize the commitment of both the skilled volunteers providing the pro bono service as well as the strategic social change organizations harnessing that talent to move their missions forward.
Pro Bono Week 2020: Rebuilding Communities Together
Our communities are rebuilding—from the ongoing pandemic and long-standing systemic racism that’s holding our society back. We must come together, bring our collective strengths to the table, and be the fuel for social good organizations that are doing the heavy lifting. This year we’re spotlighting the role of pro bono service in building the infrastructure we need for more resilient communities.
Join us for these webinars
- A Nonprofit’s Guide to Great Virtual Pro Bono | Tuesday, October 27 | 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Get the communications, HR, tech support, and more, that your nonprofit needs to navigate these challenging times… virtually! Learn how in this webinar.
- Inequities in the Funding Gap | Tuesday, October 27 || 3 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. PT
We’ll explore how strategic pro bono support can be used to counter systemic inequities in philanthropy.
- Use Your Professional Experience to Make a Difference… Virtually! | Wednesday, October 28 | 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Make a difference alongside social causes you’re passionate about from the safety of your own home by volunteering your professional skills virtually. Learn how in this webinar.
- Building Resiliency Through Pro Bono | Thursday, October 29 | 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Join us as we explore how pro bono can be a tool for building your organization’s capacity and resiliency—both in times of crisis and recovery. Supported by American Express
Want to celebrate Pro Bono Week at your company?
Pro Bono Week is a great time to celebrate making a difference for nonprofits you partner with and highlight the work your employees have been doing all year long. We’ve got a few tips for making the most of the week… virtually!
Connect your community to pro bono service
Here are five things you can do today to join the celebration and spread the pro bono ethic.
- Encourage three social change organizations you care about (maybe your own!) to check out Taproot Plus, where these organizations can connect with skilled volunteers today.
- Consider volunteering your expertise for social good. See how you can do that today.
- Check out what’s happening around the world for Pro Bono Week at www.probonoweek.org and tell a friend in a foreign land!
- Share your pro bono experience with us at @taprootfound on Twitter using #PBW20. You may inspire someone!
- Thank your organization’s skilled volunteers by posting a referral on their LinkedIn page or writing a short blog about an outstanding contributor.
Are you planning to participate in Pro Bono Week? Let us know and we will help promote your event. Contact us.