Change the world. Start here.
Pro Bono Week is a global campaign that celebrates and activates pro bono service across all professions that use their talents to make a difference. Inspired by the American Bar Association’s National Celebration of Pro Bono, Taproot works with partners around the globe to focus attention on the pro bono movement each year in October.
Pro Bono Week allows us to recognize the commitment of both the skilled volunteers providing the pro bono service as well as the strategic social change organizations harnessing that talent to move their missions forward.
Pro Bono Week 2019
Check out these free webinars taking place during Pro Bono Week 2019. And be sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn as we share stories of the impact pro bono has on our communities.
- Tuesday, October 22, 1 p.m. ET/12 p.m. CT/10 a.m. PT | Do More with Less: Tapping into Pro Bono Support REGISTER
If you work at a nonprofit, you probably find yourself putting off projects and plans due to shortages in budget or in-house expertise. With the support of Taproot volunteers donating their professional skills, you can make those blue-sky plans a reality.
- Wednesday, October 23, 1 p.m. ET/12 p.m. CT/10 a.m. PT | Use Your Professional Experience to Make a Difference REGISTER
Drive positive social change by doing what you do best! Pro bono service offers the opportunity to donate your time and professional skills to nonprofits in need of your expertise. On our free online platform, Taproot Plus, thousands of nonprofits and skilled volunteers are connecting each day for marketing, tech, HR, business strategy, finance projects and more.
- Thursday, October 24, 1 p.m. ET/12 p.m. CT/10 a.m. PT | Pro Bono + The Inclusive Leader REGISTER
For decades, companies have been tapping into the power of pro bono service to accelerate talent development and engage employees while lifting up the communities where they live and work. Now, as corporate leaders are looking for innovative inclusive experiences, how can pro bono work further enhance inclusion and diversity efforts? Deloitte leaders Terri Cooper, Chief Inclusion Officer, Deloitte LP, and Doug Marshall, Corporate Citizenship Managing Director, Deloitte Services LP, along with Isabel Chirase, co-lead for one of Deloitte’s national skills-based volunteering programs, Deloitte Consulting LLP, moderated by Taproot Foundation’s President & CEO Lindsay Firestone Gruber, will first unpack the characteristics of strong inclusion and social impact strategies. They will then explore how pro bono can help companies develop inclusive behaviors while supporting nonprofits that are working to build more inclusive societies.
- Thursday, October 24, 3 p.m. ET/1 p.m. CT/12 p.m. PT | Developing Nonprofit Leaders Through Pro Bono REGISTER
Developing leaders and talent at your nonprofit doesn’t have to happen in a “traditional” way, through workshops or expensive off-site sessions. Managing pro bono projects that engage skilled business professionals can give staff at all levels of your organization an opportunity to stretch in new ways. Sponsored by American Express.
Connect your community to pro bono service
Here are five things you can do today to join the celebration and spread the pro bono ethic.
- Encourage three social change organizations you care about (maybe your own!) to check out Taproot Plus, where these organizations can connect with skilled volunteers today.
- Consider volunteering your expertise for social good. See how you can do that today.
- Check out what’s happening around the world for Pro Bono Week at www.probonoweek.org and tell a friend in a foreign land!
- Share your pro bono experience with us at @taprootfound on Twitter using #PBW19. You may inspire someone!
- Thank your organization’s skilled volunteers by posting a referral on their LinkedIn page or writing a short blog about an outstanding contributor.
Are you planning to participate in Pro Bono Week? Let us know and we will help promote your event. Contact us.