Schedules these days are tight. If you work at a nonprofit, you’re probably on the hunt for quick, efficient ways to get answers and advice. And if you’re a professional searching for ways to get involved in your community, you want something that doesn’t overwhelm your busy calendar.
A one-hour Taproot Plus session could be just the opportunity you’re looking for.
Taproot Plus Sessions are one-hour virtual calls that connect a volunteer with a nonprofit, public school, or small business looking for creative brainstorming, project planning, or problem-solving. These consultations may only be one-hour long, but they make a huge impact. Think of them as virtual “office hours” with experienced marketing strategists, IT professionals, data analysts, or other in-demand fields. We’ve streamlined the Sessions program experience — including the request and scheduling processes—making it even easier for you to connect with community members.
Sessions are Taproot’s most flexible, immediate way to get support or make an impact. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Create your free Taproot Plus account. Once you’re part of our community, request volunteer advice through Sessions or connect with support through Taproot’s other pro bono services.
- Check out these ideas for one-hour Sessions that pack an impactful punch. And remember, call topics are totally customizable! Social media campaign ideas, accounting 101, HR advice—the list of possible Sessions could go on and on!
- Find a volunteer opportunity that matches your professional experience and social change interests. There currently are 100+ nonprofits looking for support through one-hour Taproot Plus Sessions. You could be just the person these nonprofits need.
- Dig into Taproot’s FAQ page. Get all your questions about skills-based volunteering answered, so that you’re ready to volunteer through Sessions or another Taproot program!
- Tell us where you need volunteer support. Through your Taproot Plus for Small Business account, you can request Sessions on topics like sales strategy, tech troubleshooting, e-commerce, management coaching, and more.
- Join our free webinar for small businesses on April 6. We’re sharing the value of skilled volunteer support and how small business leaders can make the most of this resource at our Wednesday, April 6th event.