Taproot partnered with TrustLaw, the global pro bono legal service of the Thomson Reuters Foundation, and Kirkland & Ellis LLP, to develop “Legal Steps to Forming a 501(c)(3) Organization” to walk you through the process. The guide includes step-by-step directions to form a not-for-profit corporation and apply for federal 501(c)(3) status.
To explain how to use the guide and answer questions, experts from TrustLaw and Kirkland & Ellis LLP joined us for a 30-minute webinar on Tuesday, October 24th. They covered:
- The pros and cons of developing a 501(c)(3)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Overview of Forms 1023 and 990
- Ongoing compliance requirements
- Alternatives to forming a 501(c)(3) organization
- And much more
We recommend reviewing “Legal Steps to Forming a 501(c)(3) Organization” beforehand to familiarize yourself with the information.
- Emma Hunt, TrustLaw Legal Programme Manager, North America and the Caribbean
- Sabrina Glaser, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Fariha Syed, Associate, Kirkland & Ellis LLP